2010 Yamaha Star V Star 250
For years, the V-Star 250 has been touted as one of the finest entry bikes around. And for good reason. With an authentic V-twin engine, the V-Star 250 will give you the grunt and growl that you don't often find in the lightweight class. It's also got a low 685mm (27") seat height for added confidence, perfect for novice riders. One ride and you'll see why so many entry riders have chosen this nimble, confidence-inspiring cruiser. Heavyweight styling. Lightweight packaging.
- Engine: Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, 60° V-twin
- Displacement: 249cc
- Bore and Stroke: 49 x 66 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10:01
- Maximum Torque: 2.1 kg-m (15.2 ft-lb) @ 6,000 rpm
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni BDS26
- Estimated Fuel Consumption*: 32kpl / 94mpg (Imp.)
- Ignition / Starting: Digital TCI / Electric
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension (Front): 33 mm fork
- Suspension (Rear): Dual shocks
- Brakes (Front): 282 mm disc
- Brakes (Rear): Drum
- Tires (Front): 3.00-18
- Tires (Rear): 130/90-15
- Length: 2,190 mm (86.3")
- Width: 815 mm (32.1")
- Height: 1,140 mm (44.9")
- Wheelbase: 1,490 mm (58.7")
- Seat Height: 685 mm (27")
- Fuel Capacity: 9.5 litres (2.1 Imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 147 kg (323.4 lb)
- Colour(s): Metallic Black
- 249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine is the real McCoy!
- Long-stroke (49 x 66mm) powerplant is designed for strong low- and mid-range pulling power.
- Narrow, 60° V-twin provides that 'classic' cruiser engine styling.
- Convenient electric starting is standard.
- Single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburetor with accelerator pump provides crisp throttle response.
- Transistorized coil ignition ensures fast starts and maximum engine performance. This system is maintenance-free.
- Automatic cam chain tensioners keep maintenance to a minimum and reduce mechanical engine noise.
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly.
- Washable, foam air filter reduces tune-up costs.
- Dual "shorty" mufflers highlight that classic "American" motorcycle look.
- Rugged, high-tensile steel, double-cradle frame creates a stylish profile and low seat height.
- Box-section swingarm with 5-way spring preload adjustable, dual rear shocks provide a comfortable ride and reinforce that cruiser image. Rear travel is 100mm (3.9").
- 33mm telescopic front fork provides 140mm (5.5") of smooth, comfortable wheel travel.
- 282mm drilled front disc brake uses a twin-piston caliper for excellent stopping power.
- Easy to adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator provides good stopping power.
- Premium two-piece rider and passenger seats reinforce that cruiser appearance. Rear passenger section can be removed leaving only rider accommodation, if desired.
- Wide 130/90-15 rear tire accentuates the low, lean appearance and classic cruiser styling.
- Spoked, chrome wheels fitted with a narrow front and wide 130 series rear tire emphasize the traditional custom look.
- The V-Star's full size emphasizes that this is not a toy. This is one sharp-looking, value-packed 250!
- Full-size, 1,488mm (58.6") wheelbase ensures maximum stability and a comfortable, roomy ride.
- Low seat height of only 685mm (27") and a weight of 137kg (302 lb) combine to make the XV250 very easy to ride, even for the most inexperienced novice.
- Instrumentation includes a centrally located speedo with tripmeter and a full range of indicator lights.
- Chromed, 60/55-watt, Xenon headlight
- Lots of chrome detailing
- Locking gas cap
- Forward-mounted footpegs mean a relaxed, laid-back riding position.
- Handlebar-mounted choke lever for easy access
- Flexible turn signals
- Steering lock
- Helmet lock
- Push-to-cancel turn signals
- Convenient oil level sight glass
- Engine Type
- SOHC, 2-valve, 60° V-twin
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 49 x 66 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni BDS26
- Digital TCI / Electric
- Front Suspension
- 33 mm fork
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks
- Front Brakes
- 282 mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,490 mm (58.7 in.)
- Seat Height
- 685 mm (27 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.5 litres (2.1 gal)
- 32kpl / 94mpg (Imp.)
- Final Drive
- Metallic Black