2015 Harley-Davidson® XL883L SuperLow® - Two-Tone Option
Gilles Sales & Service
PEARL WHITE / BLUE
XL883L SuperLow® - Two-Tone Option
- Premium Styling Features: The value and quality of the confidence-inspiring SuperLow® model is unparalleled in its class. With a true Harley-Davidson rumble, steel parts, premium paint and flawless chrome, this model reveals its authentic American motorcycle roots in every inch of detail.
- Teardrop Fuel Tank: The 4.5-gallon teardrop fuel tank offers spacious fuel capacity for a low-profile tank. It's tough, iconic and it leaves a good amount of room to show off more V-Twin. The tank graphic showcases the unique styling of the SuperLow® motorcycle; as if the tank came right off the calligraphers brush.
- Evolution® Engine Heritage: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 883cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the 883cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Silver powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with polished rocker covers to complete the premium Harley-Davidson look. Unmatched style and performance down to the very last detail. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 883cc Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Foundation Brake System: Like riding itself, you can never go too far when it comes to improving a bike’s brakes. This is why we gave the brake system of each Sportster® model a complete overhaul designed to improve performance, fit and finish. We increased the size of the brake rotors from 292mm to 300mm and added a more powerful, stylized front caliper with 34mm pistons and stylized rear caliper to match. Other system features include an improved all-aluminum integrated rear master cylinder with reservoir, all-aluminum front master cylinder with reduced friction and higher efficiency, and stainless steel braided lines. It all adds up to more confidence on the road and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
- Ergonomic Hand Controls: If your hands feel good on the controls you’ll feel good on the bike. Which is why when you twist the throttle of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle, you just know. You feel more dialed in, comfortable and attuned to the road and everything around you. In designing these hand controls we went the extra mile to make sure every operation is as intuitive, fluid and effortless as possible. So you can keep your eyes on what’s over the next ridge and not what’s under your thumb. Things like self-canceling turn signals that are right where you want them to be and brake levers that are easy for all riders to reach. We’ve added other features, too, like a trip switch and vehicle “start” switch as all Sportster models are keyless. Details that may seem small but make a huge difference on the road. Because it’s tiny things like these that make a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Integrated Electrical System: Coursing through every Sportster® model is a body controller with updated routing. It has a cleaner look and reduces the number of wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. Which is a fancy way of saying less fuss. We’ve also added a voltage regulator with modified fins and integrated connectors to improve heat rejection. Like you, the Sportster® motorcycle's rewired and ready to chase wind and eat up miles of pavement.
- Closed Loop Exhaust System: Designed to meet future worldwide emissions standards and the standards of future generations of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. This closed loop exhaust system delivers heart-pounding performance in the key of the trademark Harley-Davidson rumble. With its robust, soul-stirring big twin design, durable mufflers with exhaust shields, a catalyst and mini heated oxygen sensors that improve emissions and drivability, this system is not only better for the environment, it makes riding better.
- Tach and Gear Indicator Readout: Even though none of us would want to admit it, from time to time, we've all had to kick our shift lever back down to 1 to figure out what gear we were in. The Sportster® models get a speedometer with a gear indicator readout and a tachometer that can be activated by your trip switch. Now you've got all the information you need to keep it in the power band at the touch of a finger.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) (Optional): When the burrito exit comes out of nowhere, you’ll need a little extra braking power. That’s why optional anti-lock brakes (ABS) are available on all Sportster models. ABS improves overall braking performance and keeps you from locking up under heavy braking. Plus, the entire system is smartly integrated into the design of the bike, so nothing gets in the way of your steel work of art. Because what’s the point of stopping if you can’t make a few heads turn?
- Final Drive Ratio: Experience smooth handling at slow speed and easy acceleration off the line with the final drive ratio found on the SuperLow® motorcycle. Electronic fuel injection coupled with trouble-free handling help create a confidence-inspiring ride that's perfect for anyone just beginning their journey on two wheels.
- Advanced Front End Geometry: A lighter feeling, highly maneuverable front end on the SuperLow® model helps build rider confidence, especially when operating the bike at lower speeds. Lightweight front forks and triple clamps, and an 18 inch front wheel diameter combine to offer a smooth ride with easy handling. This is freedom on two wheels.
- Low Seat Height: The low, ergonomic seat on the SuperLow® model provides the ultimate in handling confidence. The combination of a low, 25.5 inch seat height plus a narrow frame makes it easy to maneuver your ride through turns and down straights at varying speeds. Just toss a leg over and crack the throttle—feel the freedom.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: Michelin® Scorcher™ tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers.
- Unique Rear Suspension: A lower, longer travel rear suspension on the SuperLow® motorcycle sets you up with additional comfort on the road without sacrificing seat height. This unique suspension helps the SuperLow® motorcycle barrel through bumps and other unexpected road conditions with ease.
- Comfortable Cockpit: A combination of a low bucket seat, longer travel rear suspension and easy-grip handlebar creates a comfortable riding position for a wide range of riders. Ergonomically sound, this bike helps build confidence in all aspects of your journey—from lifting it off its side stand to handling and turning, and every bump, twisty and stop in between.
- Enhanced Low Speed Maneuverability: With an 18 inch wheel up front and a 17 inch wheel backing it up at the tail end, the light wheels and radial tires on the SuperLow® motorcycle make handling a cinch. Cast black split 5-spoke machined rims weigh less and get you through turns and other low-speed maneuvers effortlessly.
- Mid-Mounted Controls: Let your boots fall where they may, naturally to the mid-mounted controls and rider foot pegs on the SuperLow® model. An easy reach and tight rider triangle is confidence-inspiring for new riders eager to set off on their journey and riders whose legs run slightly shorter than others.
- Length: 87.2 in. (2,215 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.9 in. (100 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 31.1
- Trail: 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.1 in. (1,500 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 120/70 ZR-18 59W
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/60 ZR-17 66W
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 540 lb. (245 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 562 lb. (255 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3 in. (76.2 mm)
- Stroke: 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 53.9 cu.in. (883 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 09.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 10.41
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 7.436
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 5.531
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.584
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.931
- Exhaust: Chrome, staggered, shorty with dual mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke with Machined Rim
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke with Machined Rim
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 53.8 ft-lb (73 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3750
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 24.7
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 24.4
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 51 mpg (4.6 L/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- Engine Type
- 53.9 cu.in. (883 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3 in. (76.2 mm) x 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR-18 59W
- Rear Tire
- 150/60 ZR-17 66W
- 59.1 in. (1,500 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm); Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- 31.1 deg.
- 5.7 in. (145 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- 51 mpg (4.6 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 540 lb. (245 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- White Hot Pearl/Blue Hot Pearl, Mysterious Red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo